The role of systems/network administrator will be responsible to install, configure, implement, and maintain third party hardware or system software utilities. The role will participate in project design and upgrades of hardware and software system within all areas of the company.
- Configure, implement and maintain third party hardware or system software utilities.
- Assist with monitoring, testing and troubleshooting issues for assigned systems hardware or software as appropriate.
- Implement timely upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches for assigned systems hardware or software.
- Recommend and execute modifications to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance of infrastructure systems.
- Participate in project designs and upgrades of hardware or software systems.
- Conduct research in support of procurement or development efforts as necessary.
- Create and maintain system architecture and troubleshooting documentation, and user documentation for systems installed and/or created.
- Identify and resolve semi-complex issues; work with senior level staff and other IT areas to ensure resolution of issues.
- Work closely with the software development team as necessary to support the hardware and software systems.
- May provide general guidance and training for less experienced system engineers and IT support staff.
- Remain current with new technologies, methodologies, and protocols.
- Responsible to assist and respond to system issues when needed and participate in an on-call rotation.
- We are a growing company with a national footprint and occasional travel may be needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed. We are a small team and opportunities for hands-on in a variety of areas is assured.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Require working knowledge of computer hardware architecture and operating systems in a multi-systems environment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Good customer service skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving/troubleshooting, decision-making, and attention to detail skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and escalate issues when needed; ability to shift priorities as as business needs dictate.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation.
- Proficient in VMware vCenter and Horizon VDI.
- Experience with managed network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience with enterprise VOIP
- Facilitate as desktop engineer to administer and support a wide variety of hardware and software client facing devices- such as laptops, desktops, thin clients.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Client and Server Operating Systems (WIN10, 2012, 2016).
- Act as a level II support for a wide variety of software, hardware, network, application, and mobile devices.
- Support Active Directory hybrid identities between Azure, Office 365, 3rd party vendor-hosted-solutions.
- Experience with WSUS and Antivirus software.
- Experience supporting mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, etc.
- Administer and support enterprise desktop and printer infrastructure.
- Provide support for large changes during after-hours and weekends when necessary.
- Plan and implement timely upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches to the operating systems, applications, and hardware.
- Use Active Directory and Group Policy to manage users’ access and account information.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Weller Truck Parts is proud to offer additional training as needed. A qualified candidate will have three to four years full-time experience with the list above. A two or four year degree is strongly preferred. Compensation will vary based on experience.